Outotec develops leading technologies and services for the sustainable use of Earth’s natural resources. Our 4,000 top experts are driven by each customer’s unique challenges across the world. Outotec’s comprehensive offering creates the best value for our customers in the mining, metal, energy, and chemical industries. Outotec shares are listed on NASDAQ Helsinki. www.outotec.com
At Outotec we are passionate about building innovative and sustainable solutions that fulfill world’s growing need for natural resources. We are continuously entering new markets and businesses, which creates interesting opportunities for personal and professional growth in our multinational work environment.
Outotec Oyj is a Finnish listed technology company as well as project company, selling complex mining technology and plant projects that it first designs and then executes itself or in collaboration with its partners. The company purchases the majority of its products from subcontracted manufacturers, making only the key components itself. Manufacturing is carried out at Outotec’s workshop in the city of Outokumpu, which makes equipment, and at Lappeenranta plant, where industrial filters are manufactured continue reading
They are currently having an opportunity within their Service Products and Offerings Group for an experienced Service Product Engineer. This position supports the development, commercialization and launch of spare part products for various types of grinding mill technologies including but not limited to AG, SAG, ball, rod, pebble, scrubbers, HIGmills and reline machines on a global level.
As Service Product Engineer, you will:
- Support the development, commercialization and launch of spare part products / concepts
- Create service product documentation including marketing, sales, promotion and training materials
- Allocate spare parts to various pre-defined categories
- Support the pricing team with pricing logic and algorithms
- Provide technical sales support
- Support quotation preparation teams
- Manage product development and continuous product improvement projects
- Prepare item creation requests including relevant data sheets and drawings
- Facilitate itemization of spare part components
- Support mapping of equipment builds and spare part products to customer sites in PDM system
- Capturing Installed base data into PDM
- Follow-up and participate in new technology development securing easy operation and maintainability of the technology and needs, like modularity and compatibility, of spare part products – “Designed for Service”.
- Support eCatalogue team
- Support the development of equipment spare part lists for Greenfield & Brownfield deliveries
To succeed, you will need:
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- A strong technical background (especially grinding mill related) and services experience, advantageous
- Ability to read, interpret & use engineering drawings (both mechanical, electrical & instrument diagrams), specifications & other technical material to identify & specify components.
- To be customer oriented including high level communication and customer service skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- To be highly customer focus, with a strong independent work ethic
- To have proficient computer literacy skills including knowledge of various Microsoft applications
- To be proficient in SAP/PDM systems – highly regarded
- To be proactive, self-motivated and able to set own goals and meet deadlines
- To be a strong team player who can work closely and cooperatively with all stakeholders
- Capability to work both independently and in teams and to build a global professional network
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply by Friday 15th February