CHEMICAL ENGINEERING GRADUATE – September Start 2019!
|Company Order Number:||7403|
|# of openings:||1|
The Catalyst Technologies business of Johnson Matthey (JM) within the Efficient Natural Resources (ENR) Sector is a global supplier of catalysts, absorbents, additives, licensed technologies and other services to the petrochemical, syngas, oil refining and gas processing industries. We have a reputation for leading process and catalyst development in these areas, and constantly strive to deliver even better products and processes for our customers.
The business serves customers around the world and has manufacturing sites in the UK, USA, Sweden, Germany, India and China, supported by technology development facilities in the UK and US and technical offices in the key markets worldwide.
To learn more about our business, see www.jmprotech.com
JM requires high calibre, professional chemical engineering talent to maintain an effective balance of managerial, technical and commercial skills and knowledge to satisfy the business’s current and future needs.
We are currently seeking a recent graduate to join our growing process engineering department which operates an IChemE accredited training scheme.
- Conduct chemical engineer design work in different teams and environments
- Ensuring work is to the highest standard and delivered on time
- Work across functional lines
- Troubleshoot plant problems and determine the root cause
- Scale up of both new catalysts and technologies from small scale to commercial scale
- Provide technical support for our customers across a range of technologies covering evaluation of catalyst performance, troubleshooting problems and on-site activities
- Development of new catalysts and technologies in conjunction with our research and development teams
- Supporting our manufacturing operations including scale up, day to day operation and projects
- Chemical engineering design work in support of the preparation of Basic Engineering Packages
- Supporting the design, operation and modification of our research rigs and semi tech plants.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to analyse data and determine trends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adhering to the highest levels of EHS standards
- The ability to collaborate effectively with customers, other engineering disciplines and scientists both inside and outside of JM.
JM is committed to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes physical, financial, social and emotional wellbeing. Consequently, we offer a flexible and comprehensive reward and benefits package that recognises the needs of its employees. JM is also committed to recognising good performance, so your successful performance at JM will also enhance your compensation. On joining JM, we’ll provide you with a highly competitive starting salary, plus you’ll be eligible to join the JM annual bonus plan each year as well as receive other market leading benefits which are summarised below.
Your health is important to us.
We provide flexible healthcare benefits that are both affordable and flexible so that they meet the needs of you and your family. This includes private medical insurance, a health cash plan, income protection and life insurance.
Helping you save for the future.
Although your retirement is some way off, JM wants to help you prepare, so we provide you with a flexible and generous pension which allows you to choose from one of three levels. In addition, we provide you with the option to make voluntary contributions to your retirement savings which JM will match up to 3%.
We know that work-life balance is important, so we provide Flexible Holiday to help you maintain that balance where you’ll have the option to buy or sell up to a working week each year. We also provide you with exclusive retailer discounts and the option to buy the latest technology, allowing you to spread the cost.
know about Graduate direct entry route
Ready to get going right away? Join one of our business units directly to gain immediate exposure to some of the most passionate and highly skilled teams in the industry. As a direct entry graduate, you will remain within one business area as a core member of the team from day one, working on real customer challenges to develop deep expertise and technical ability in your chosen field. With outstanding training and development, we’ll help you get your career off to a flying start and support you in taking it further along one of our many career pathways.
With opportunities across the globe, we’re confident you’ll find a place to grow.
We recruit for these roles all year round. continue