Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
- Provide support (diagnosis and troubleshooting) directly to customers/users via phone and/or email when problems have escalated to a higher degree of complexity.
- Travel domestically and internationally to provide support and training to customers and service organizations.
- Provide basic and advanced service training to Field Service Representatives.
- Prepare and maintain necessary training materials.
- Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design Engineering/Software Engineering through direct communication/interaction.
- Follows up with Design Engineering, Software Engineering, or Manufacturing on product quality issues.
- Represent Service Department at general quality meetings and/or projects that require approval for shipment (AFS).
- Prepare all required reports and documentation.
- May also participate in any required product testing.
- Create and distribute Service Reference Documents, with important Service information, to a worldwide distribution.
- Prepares and Maintains required ISO service procedures.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Chemistry or other science related field
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2+ years experience with installation, performance maintenance, troubleshooting, support and/or end user utilization of scientific instrumentation, preference for previous TA Instruments product suite (DSC, TGA, SDT, TMA, and DMA)
- Ability to perform effective system level troubleshooting
- Must possess a strong customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy, communicate with different expertise levels appropriately and change your approach to meet customers’ needs
- Personal sense of integrity and trust
- Effective time management skills
- System level approach to problem solving
- Analytical mindset with a strong drive to resolve open issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A clean driving license and a valid passport will be required
- This is a territory-based position with travelling within your designated territory, and occasional overnight travel may be required
About TA Instruments
TA Instruments reputation for high technology products, quality manufacturing and unbeatable after sales support is why more customers recommend TA products to their colleagues around the world. Headquartered in New Castle, DE, TA Instruments prides ourselves in the technical competence and professionalism that our sales force offers. We are the only thermal analysis, rheology, microcalorimetry, and mechanical analysis supplier recognized worldwide for our prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service staff, the hallmark of our company.
Their technical support group is committed to handling all of your thermal analysis, rheology, and mechanical testing needs, and is available by phone, email and through the internet. read more