- Opportunity to work in a supportive and dynamic team environment
- Fast track your career within a Global mining organisation
- Residential role offering an attractive coastal lifestyle – Gladstone
RioTinto is looking for a Specialist Process Engineer Whiteside to provide expertise to operation of the Precipitation and Calcination areas of the refinery.
This role is a great opportunity This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is ready to showcase their expertise in Process Engineering and is open to acquiring new skills. Working Monday to Friday and reporting to the Superintendent Whiteside Process Engineering, you will be:
- Reviewing specific plant performance on a daily basis and assisting with setting and optimizing of plant parameters.
- Highlighting potential bottlenecks to production or product quality within a specific area and provide support to resolve them.
- Completing short/medium/long term projects/work that is technically or operationally complex
- Preparing Process Management Procedures and provide instructions for the Central Control Room (CCR) and the Shift Process Engineering teams
- Providing support to the Operations planning and scheduling system through a thorough understanding of the technical operating limits of specific areas of the plant
- Contributing to the month end production and raw materials reconciliation process as well as to the periodic reporting of refinery technical performance
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering
- Ten years demonstrated experience in an industrial environment in a role associated with process management and optimisation
- Proven ability to work in a multidiscipline team environment of technical professionals
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office, such as Word, Excel etc.
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in Bayer Circuits
- Strong knowledge and experience using statistical tools
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world’s most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world’s most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today’s carbon-constrained world.
About Rio Tinto
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Rio Tinto long history is filled with firsts. they have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and their people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
Rio Tinto is a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Rio Tinto is an Anglo-Australian multinational and one of the world’s largest metals and mining corporations. The company was founded in 1873, when a multinational consortium of investors purchased a mine complex on the Rio Tinto, in Huelva, Spain, from the Spanish government. Since then, the company has grown through a long series of mergers and acquisitions to place itself among the world leaders in the production of many commodities, including aluminium, iron ore, copper, uranium, and diamonds. Although primarily focused on extraction of minerals, Rio Tinto also has significant operations in refining, particularly for refining bauxite and iron ore.The company has operations on six continents, but is mainly concentrated in Australia and Canada, and owns its mining operations through a complex web of wholly and partly owned subsidiaries. Rio Tinto has joint head offices in London (global and “plc”) and Melbourne (“Limited” – Australia).
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.